The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 graphics cards are among the most powerful and sought-after GPUs on the market. Today, we’re comparing two high-end models from ASUS and MSI, namely the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 White OC Edition and the MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X. In this article, we’ll delve into their specifications and discuss their performance, features, and suitability for different types of users.
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Both cards use the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU, which offers exceptional performance for gaming and content creation.
- Interface Both GPUs utilize the PCI Express Gen 4 interface for fast communication with the system.
- Core Clocks The ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition has a boosted clock speed of 2670 MHz, while the MSI 4090 Suprim X has a slightly lower boosted clock speed of 2640 MHz in Extreme Performance mode and 2625 MHz in GAMING & SILENT modes.
- CUDA Cores Both GPUs have 16,384 CUDA cores, enabling parallel processing for high performance in gaming and professional applications.
- Memory Both GPUs come with 24GB of GDDR6X memory with a 384-bit memory bus, offering ample space for high-resolution textures and complex 3D models.
- Memory Speed The ROG Strix 4090 has a memory speed of 20.5 Gbps, while the MSI 4090 Suprim X offers a slightly higher memory speed of 21 Gbps.
- Outputs Both GPUs have DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4a) and HDMI x 1 (supporting 4K @120Hz HDR, 8K@60Hz HDR, and Variable Refresh Rate as specified in HDMI 2.1a).
- HDCP Support Both cards support HDCP for secure content playback.
- Power Consumption The MSI 4090 Suprim X consumes 450W in Silent mode and 480W in Gaming mode, while the ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition consumes a flat 520W.
- Power Connectors The MSI 4090 Suprim X requires a single 16-pin power connector, while the ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition requires two 16-pin connectors.
- Recommended PSU For the MSI 4090 Suprim X, a minimum of an 850W PSU is recommended, while the ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition recommends a 1000W PSU.
- Card Dimensions and Weight The MSI 4090 Suprim X measures 336 x 142 x 78 mm and weighs 2413g, while the ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition measures 318 x 140 x 57.8 mm and weighs 1925g.
- DirectX and OpenGL Version Support Both cards support DirectX 12 Ultimate and OpenGL 4.6 for the latest gaming and professional applications.
- Maximum Displays and G-SYNC Technology Both cards support up to 4 displays and feature G-SYNC technology for smooth, tear-free gaming experiences.
- Digital Maximum Resolution Both cards support a maximum digital resolution of 7680 x 4320 for high-quality, detailed visuals.
The ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 White OC Edition and MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X are both top-of-the-line graphics cards with similar specifications and performance. The ROG Strix 4090 White OC Edition offers slightly higher core clock speeds and a unique white aesthetic, making it an attractive choice for those seeking a powerful GPU with a distinctive look. However, it consumes more power and requires a higher capacity PSU.
On the other hand, the MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X provides marginally faster memory speeds and a more efficient power consumption profile, making it suitable for users who prioritize performance without a significant increase in power requirements. Additionally, its larger heatsink and more robust cooling solution may appeal to those who demand quieter operation or plan to push their GPUs to the limit.
Ultimately, both the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 White OC Edition and MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X are excellent choices for gamers and content creators seeking a high-performance GPU. The decision between these two models will come down to individual preferences regarding aesthetics, power consumption, and cooling solutions.
Robert is the Founder and current Chief Editor of Droidhere blog. He started the blog as a passion, and now it’s empowering thousands of daily visitors. A Gadget Lover, loves to modify devices and play around them.